10 Non-Beauty Things Troupe Co-Founders Are Really Into
- Can’t stop watching this music vid that dropped last week. Obsessed with the dynamic duo that is Shania and Orville. Obsessed with her bodysuit. Obsessed with it all basically.
- Meditating on this sentence I recently read, “The solution is you.” Thinking a lot about where I’ve given away my power in my past, and where I’ve failed to take accountability for my life so I may build a life I’m proud of in the future. I want to be the heroine of my story, not the victim.
- Loyle Carner’s 2019 album “Not Waving, But Drowning” — specifically the song Dear Jean.
- Drooling over my Melody Ehsani Barbed Wire Bracelet and p much everything she does.
- Responding to Kentucky Attorney General, Daniel Cameron’s tweets demanding justice for Breonna Taylor. His twitter handle is @kyaog if you wanna do the same, because bruv isn’t getting it.
- Reminiscing about how good this Gucci Year of the Dog campaign was.
- Reading and thinking about the gender pay gap especially as it relates to racial divides. Womxn everywhere need to be provided the tools to pay off debt and build wealth! Womxn of color especially!
- Working on being able to do strict pull-ups again. I’ve got 1 down, but my goal is to be able to do 10 in one set.
- Very into anklets right now. What happened to anklets? I would say anklets are the most underrated of all jewelry. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
- Austin reduced their police budget by 1/3rd this month. I’m incredibly proud of the organizers and activists who contributed to show up, write letters and make their voices heard to affect real change in our community. Organizing works.
- Currently reading short stories about the Golden State called Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion. Enjoying getting lost in the tales of old Hollywood.
- Working on getting my mindfulness practice back on track and have been using To Be Magnetic to guide the journey.
- Doja Cat’s “Freak” on repeat.
- I love thrifting and vintage and have recently revisted my favorite blogger @bjonesstyle to get a little more inspo for my existing wardrobe. Her Youtube is full of visual inspiration!
- I recently revisted my Bloomberg Businessweek subscription. It’s $9.99 a week for the first three months and my favorite resource for global news, market updates, and even lifestyle content.
- Forgot about Cobb Salad’s for a while, but we’re back on the train baby!!!!
- Malcolm Gladwell’s Revisionist History Season 5! The first two episodes have a very interesting perspective on museums “art hoarding” and provides an interesting perspective on associating values to objects.
- This Barcelona’s Branca Studio featuring Penny Angela “Black Magick Against Racism” print. Proceeds go to Rebuild the Block, a non-profit helping support small Black businesses impacted by Covid-19.
- Late to this party but Vital Proteins Collagen Powder with my morning coffee has been helping me with sustainable energy throughout the day.
- Sourcing parts for my new classic truck. I recently traded in my leased Volkswagen Jetta for a 1979 Dodge Warlock. He’s sexy.